How can I miss tortilla recipe when all we are discussing here this week is Mexican food. Trust me these simple tortillas are very easy to roll and cook. I used olive oil instead of vegetable shortening, which advised by most of recipes I found in Google.
We talked about Mexican sauce in my previous post. This time tortilla .You got that right… My next post is Enchiladas.
Here is tortilla recipe, please give this recipe a try.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup water + 2 tbs water
- salt to taste ( I added around ½ teaspoon)
- Mix oil and salt in flour and mix it well. Rub flour with your palm.
- Mix water and make a smooth dough.Let it rest for 15 minutes
- divide the dough into 12 equal balls
- Roll it in 6-7 inch circle.
- Cook both the sides on medium heat till the lightly brown. Add little olive oil both the sides.
You might also like: