All I knew about Tahini that it is one of the most important ingredient in Hummus.
This inspired me to start a new category in my blog, where I am going to put all my recipes of the basic dishes/meal/sauces/breads which you normally buy from Shop but can be made easily at home. How about category Money-Saving Recipes ? I agreed that you cannot make everything at home for sake of saving money. But you can really save a big chunk of money if you can manage to make some ingredients and dishes at home.
I have already put some of my recipes under this new section. Check it out Money-Saving Recipes.
Please let me know you views and ideas. Lets make this more informative.
Here is Tahini recipe.
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- spread sesame seeds on baking sheet
- Roast sesame seeds in preheat oven to 350°F for 4-5 minutes
- take it out once it is slightly brown
- mix oil and grind it till and make smooth paste
- Fill it in tightly covered jar and store it in refrigerator. You can use it for months.
You might also like: