My friend called me after seeing my post Tahini Recipe. She asked me about Tahini and Hummus. I told her whatever I know about both. Please allow me give a little introduction with short FAQ to those who never tasted hummus before.
“It’s a famous Middle eastern dip or spread. Basically Its blend of cooked chickpeas, Tahini ,olive oil and garlic. “
Why it is called Hummus? Its a Arabic word which means Chickpeas.
Any Health benefits? Oh yes it is full of Vitamin C,Iron and Vitamin B6.
Please must try if you have never tasted it before. Here is secret of making Creamiest Hummus.
- 2 cup cooked(boiled) chickpeas (Soaked in water overnight than boiled or steamed)
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Boil or steam chickpeas.Drain chickpeas. Now here is secret for smoothest hummus remove the skins from chickpeas. I know its really really boring ..but do that if you are aiming to make Creamiest Hummus ever.
- crush garlic cloves
- Add Tahini and garlic
- Add olive oil, lemon juice and salt
- Grind the mix in grinder till you get smooth paste
You might also like: