Its creamy,tangy and little spicy. It has all flavor we love to have in curry.
I also added a pinch of Chat masala ( you can get it at Indian grocery store). If you are in KL then you can find it in Modern store in brickfields or Hanifa near Sogo. So here is my recipe of delicious cream mushroom curry.
Creamy mushroom tomato curry
Recipe type: Main
- 1 packet of button mushrooms(300 gm)
- ¾ cup chickpeas( I used frozen one)
- 2 medium size onions
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 tablespoon cream
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon chat masala
- ½ taspoon garam masala
- 1 or 2 dried red chilies
- 1½ tablespoon oil
- salt to taste
- Cut onion in small pieces and boil in water for 10 minutes
- Drain water and grind onion , make a smooth paste
- My other three main ingredients
- Cut each mushroom in four pieces
- Heat oil in pan , add red chilies and cumin seeds
- Add onion paste and cook it for 5 minutes, add 2 –3 tablespoon water if paste is thick
- Add tomato puree
- Mix it well
- Add mushrooms ,chickpeas and garam masala
- Cover the pan and simmer it on law flame for 6-8 minutes, add little water if needed.
- add chat masala and cream,add 1-2 tablespoon of water if gravy is too thick.
- Mix it well and cook it for 3-4 minutes. Curry is ready to serve.
You might also like: