Do you take rice everyday? I do and everyone does in Malaysia.:) I prefer boiled rice with lentil curry, which you get in almost every restaurant here. Only food aka tummy saver for vegetarians. I prefer rice because its saves time in cooking and of course its a part of our everyday meal.
So I cooked Mexican tomato rice last weekend . There were two reasons. 1. I didn’t want to spend more time in cooking. 2. I cooked Portobello mushrooms … You will get to know in my next post.
Trust me this recipe is a keeper. You hardly need to spend 10 minutes in preparation and it goes well with other side dishes like Enchilada or grilled food.
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup rice
- 1 medium capsicum (chopped)
- ½ cup green onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic(minced)
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- 3 cup water(vegetable stock optional) – For non vegetarian (chicken stock)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano)
- All ingredients
- heat pan and add olive oil
- add minced garlic, capsicum and green onions and cook it for 1 minute.
- Add rice ,oregano and black pepper, mix it well. Cook it for another 2-3 minutes
- Add tomatoes sauce
- add stock , cover the lid and simmer it on low heat for 20-25 minutes.
You might also like: