Secret ingredient of milk bread is Tangzhong. I read about it in kirbiecravings blog. I found her blog while searching for milk toast bread. She has such a wonderful blog. She mentioned that bread can be kept soft and fluffy for week if you use Tangzhong. Making Tangzhong is very easy. First you mix water and flour and then cook it and cool it.
I don’t have bread maker, so I kneaded dough for around 30 minutes till it became non sticky and soft.
Try this recipe, I am sure you’ll love it.
- 2½ cups Bread Flour
- ½ Cup milk
- 3 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons sugar
- Half of the Tangzhong I made
- half packet of Instant yeast(3 teaspoons)
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 Egg (optional)
- ⅓ cup bread flour
- 1 cup water
- Mix Water and Bread flour
- Cook it for few minutes till the mixture starts getting thicker.
- Mix Bread flour,sugar,milk,yeast,butter and tangzhong (half of the tangzhong you made)
- Knead the dough for half and hour (If you don’t have bread machine) till it becomes non sticky and soft.
- cover it with plastic wrap or cloth and leave it to raise for 1 hour
- After 1 hour, punch the dough and give the shape to the dough you want and let it raise again for 20 minutes.( I choose bun style like Indian Paav(
- After 20 minutes
- Bake it at 350 F for 30 minutes
- Milk toasts are ready
You might also like: