It’s a stovetop version of Naan, this is something I always make whenever I invite my friends for lunch or dinner. It’s not only easy to make and but also a good surprise for them.
I also have this often at our office cafeteria. They serve it with mint chutney and lentil curry or grilled Chicken, which is also a good combination.
You can also grill the bread or make it in oven, but I prefer stovetop because naan comes out very soft/fluffy and also save your time specially when you have guests at home.
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 10/15 garlic clovers finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix water,yeast and sugar. Keep it aside for 5 minutes until you see fluffy layer on top.
- After five minutes
- Yeast is ready, add salt,mix it in flour and knead for 10-15 minutes. Cover the dough with plastic wrap or wet cloth and let it rest for 1 and ½ hour
- After 1 and ½ hour
- Chopped garlic
- Punch the dough. Take a handfuls of dough(about size of gold ball).
- roll it into think circle or whatever shape you want.
- spread some chopped garlic
- Roll it again. 2 times.
- Heat skillet on medium heat, place naan on skillet
- Once it start bubbling / raising turn it on the other side
- Hear is a tip : at this stage I normally cover it with lid for 15-20 seconds to make it more fluffy. This step is optional 🙂
- Naan is ready.
- Brush it with butter
You might also like: