Gong Xi Fa Cai. Wishing all my Chinese friends a happy new year & others pleasant holiday.
I’ve just started drafting this post and there is a firework happening to welcome new year at Chinese temple near to our house. This year is year of snake. Two of my very close friends are Chinese. One has gone to US to pursue further studies and another one has started her own business, she is busier then anyone one else. I miss my friends, there is nothing better then a good friend,coffee and endless gossips :).
I’ve tried many version of spring rolls in Malaysia, but this one is the best. Vegetable spring rolls are easy to make, what I like about the recipe is the technique. I have included all the step by step pictures to show how to fold spring rolls. hope you like it.
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 cup chopped spring onion
- 1 cup noodles ( I used steamed noodles)
- 1½ teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ teaspoon oil
- salt to taste
- all my key ingredients
- Cut all carrot in thin slices
- finely slice all vegetables
- Heat pan and add 1½ teaspoon oil , add black pepper
- add all other vegetables and noodles
- keep sprinkling a litter water if needed to cook noodles, but not too much
- add soya sauce and mix well.
- filling is ready,now its time to roll the spring rolls :). I’ve used ready made rolls sheet available in super market.
- before making rolls. mix a tablespoon water and all purpose flour in bowl to make a paste. This paste will work like glue to pack our spring rolls.
- Step1 : place sheet on plain surface
- Step2: Add one spoon or two spoon filling
- Step3: first fold
- Step 3: second fold
- Step 4: third fold
- Step 5: a drop of flour paste at the tip, I did a little deco
- Step 5: roll it from bottom to top.
- I made few rolls
- now deep fried all the rolls.
- Don’t forget to use kitchen towel ( paper napkins). It help to soak access oil from rolls.
You might also like: