Tapioca is known as Sagu here in Malaysia.I never found this version of Sagu in any of the restaurants here . I make this whenever I have lemon and peanuts available in my pantry. No Tapioca without these main ingredients.
I make Indian version of Tapioca. little sweet, little sour and spicy 🙂 If you don’t want spicy just eliminate green chilies. I usually make this at lunch time because its little heavy so you basically don’t need any other side dishes. Please try this recipe if you have never made this before. Trust me its really good.
***Please add just enough water to cover Tapioca and soak over night. Don’t add too much of water otherwise it will be too sticky in the morning.
- 2 cup Tapioca pearls (Soaked in water overnight)
- ¾ cup peanuts
- 1½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ lemon
- 3-4 small green chilies chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- Cut potatoes in small cubes
- crush peanuts
- heat oil in pan , add green chilies and cumin seeds
- add potatoes once seeds crackle
- cook potato till they are light brown
- add peanuts
- add mix well
- add sugar and Tapioca
- Add lemon and mix well
- cover pan with lid and let it cook for 5-7 minutes
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
You might also like: